Riding motorcycles is an exciting and fun adventure, especially when it’s on a highway. Motorcycle riders have been increasing steadily year in year out, all over the world. Many people will get bikes as they are maintained with much ease. Several tools are handy when maintaining a bike, and among the essential items is a motorcycle jack. A motorcycle jack is an essential must-have tool. Getting a jack saves your time and resources. It is advisable to take the motorcycle to a professional mechanic for service, but routine maintenance can be conducted with the use personal jacks. You can fix the minor issues on your bike without much hassle though it will be a learning point.
When you are not comfortable of replacing your bike on a routine basis, ensure to get a quality and reliable motorcycle jack. We all want durability as we cannot appreciate a motorcycle lift jack that will collapse on a first trial, might lose grip of the bike or scratch the bike. There are many brands from which one can get a jack, but the best motorcycle lift jacks in 2022 are:
- The Top 7 Best Motorcycle Lift Jack Selection
- BUYER’S GUIDE
- OTC Motorcycle Lift
- Motorcycle Scissors Jack-Wide
- Dragway Tools Motorcycle Center Scissor Lift Jack
- Powerbuilt Triple Lift Jack
- ZENY Motorcycle Center Scissor Lift Jack Hoist Stand Bikes
- STKUSA Motorcycle Lift Scissor Center Jack Lift Repair Stand
- OrionMotorTech Dilated Scissor Lift Jack
- Final Verdict
- Best Seller and Editor’s Choice
The Top 7 Best Motorcycle Lift Jack Selection
Motorcycle lift jacks are equipment used for the elevation of the motorcycle from its regular resting height to an upraised or listed position. The jack can be used with compressed air, hydraulics or their combination. Motorcycle jacks are designed so that they cater for specific weights, repairs and bike types. Motorcycle jacks are in different designs. The modern-day jacks have a wheeled base which move up and down plus a hydraulic system which can be used with a manual lever. Some of the important considerations when getting a motorcycle jack include:
- How easily can you use the jack? Any motorcycle jack should be easy to operate and straightforward. Manufacturers often provide a detailed manual on using the jack.
- Before getting a motorcycle jack, check whether it is hydraulic and whether there is a foot operated manual. The features require exerting of pressure on your foot for the elevation of the motorcycle to a desired height
- The safety features: accidents and mishaps can occur during the repair of a motorcycle. Improper use of a jack can lead to serious injuries and at times death. Always pay attention to the safety features on a jack before getting one. Get a jack that is safety on the surface, ensuring there are straps that keep the bike in place
- Size and the capacity of the jack: always measure you bike before getting a bike jack to ensure the fit is right. The weight of the motorcycle should always be within the specified range for a given jack. Most motorcycle jacks will range from around a thousand to two thousand pounds.
- Before paying for any motorcycle jack, it is very important to check the type of jack you are paying for. Motorcycle jacks are of two types; the scissor and the hydraulic. A hydraulic jack is more popular due to ease of use as it can be operated by the use of a foot pedal. The scissor jack has a crisscross pattern that will support a motorcycle top when it is lifted. It is also very important to consider your budget before getting a jack. Always get what you can afford without over stretching your pockets. Provided a machine is of high quality and will satisfy the roles you want satisfied, then get the jack. Budget and warranty go hand in hand. There are several affordable motorcycle jacks that can be gotten for much less. A motorcycle lift jack can cost under a hundred dollars and still perform like a very expensive jack.
- Always check the loading platform for any motorcycle jack. This is very significant when you have a large motorcycle. Dimensions of a jack should complement the type of bike you have. The rubber paddings reduce risks of slippage, scratches and scrapings.
OTC Motorcycle Lift
It is a jack with a capacity of 1500 pounds, providing it with an ability of lifting wide and large cruisers. The handle is removable, thereby providing an all-round load access. It has a wide lifting range between 3.5 to 16.75 inches. The customers have given it a review of 3.8. this jack also contains two ratcheting down straps which ensure safety. This jack has excellent stability making it the best motorcycle jack. It remains firm as you carry out maintenance or repairs services. The wheel can be maneuvered to the place one deems appropriate.
It is quite portable due to its wheels.
- It has a foot pedal release.
- Has locking rear casters.
- It has an automatic safety lock.
- It is a stable and sturdy motorcycle jack.
- The bike is supported by long pads.
- It is well built heavy duty motorcycle jack.
- It lacks control thus jerky and shaky movement.
- The jack does not come with assembling instructions.
This jack requires some assembling and has no control on the descent rate. There is a lock feature on the wheels. There are two pins which screw downwards, thereby eliminating movement of the bike. Assembling is quite easy, though no assembling manual is included. It is an affordable yet durable motorcycle jack. The frame is made of aluminum. This makes the jack to be lighter compared to jacks made from steel. The saddling platform of this jack is wide and long thus allows it to accommodate wide and large vehicles. This jack is ideal because it will balance the weight of any bike with no toppling over risks. The automatic safety lock holds the bike in place after it is raised. It can be secured in place in place with the use of the tie-down straps plus the back locking casters.
Motorcycle Scissors Jack-Wide
This scissor jack is wide with reviews at 4.3. The rubber padding prevents scratching while adding stability. It has a center lift design for an extremely wide motorcycle scissor bike jack.
It has a heavy duty durable steel frame.
- It is self-braking.
- It has an extended height if up to 14 inches and a collapsed height of 3.375 inches.
- It has a textured rubber padding.
- It has a weight capacity of 1100 lbs.
- The jack is easily hand operated with a wrench or a socket. The socket and the wrench are sold separately.
- It is a strong jack which is used with much ease, with the steel which prevent it from warping, breaking and bending.
- An impact style wrench cannot be used to lower or raise the jack.
- A powered drill cannot be used for operating the lift.
This jack can be used when one is either cleaning or maintaining the motorcycle. It is the strongest yet most stable scissor jack available. It has high strength and a durable steel construction which allow it to lift almost any touring bike, cruiser or road bike with a weight of 1100 lbs. This jack is slim thus it can fit one’s ride.
Dragway Tools Motorcycle Center Scissor Lift Jack
This is an ideal motorcycle jack that can be used on sand and concrete surfaces. It is non-slippery making it very safe for use. The reviews are at 4.3. The allowable weight on this jack is 1100 lbs.
It can be used at the tracks, in the shop, on the road or in the garage.
- It has rubberized pads.
- It has a wide stable platform.
- It can lift a bike up to almost 13.25 inches.
- It can fit many motorcycle designs as it is a wide-deck scissor jack.
- It is a very stable motorcycle jack.
- No assembling is required for this motorcycle jack.
- The bike might have a slight lean.
- Finding replacement parts is very challenging.
An impact wrench cannot be used with this jack as it will ruin the jack. It can be used in extreme weather conditions like winter. It can be used to lift both the front and rear wheels of a bike.
Powerbuilt Triple Lift Jack
The reviews for this machine is 4.1. the lifting capacity for this jack is 4000 pounds. The locking safety bar holds the jack in place after raising, thereby eliminating the need for supporting an already lifted vehicle using jack stands. The removable lift saddles and padded lift rails allow for fitting of this jack into different vehicle frames and models. After a vehicle is raised, there exist an easy and convenient way for locking the safety bar so that the jack is held in place. This means that there is no need for getting a jack stand.
It contains rubber pads.
- It features locking safety bars that hold the jack in place after lifting.
- The patented design has padded lift rails and removable lift saddles.
- The design is flexible, allowing for a triple lift which adapt to multiple vehicle frames.
- It is a highly durable jack.
- It can be used for the easy lifting of ATVs, trucks, cars or during the removal and replacement of transmissions.
- This motorcycle jack is quite stable as it can be used with trucks.
- The user manual does not include details on the warranty.
- The jack might seem unleveled.
It slashes down the cost and hassle of buying, storing and maintaining several jacks and jacks stands. It is a jack that lifts vehicles with much ease, working to remove vehicle differentials and transmissions.
ZENY Motorcycle Center Scissor Lift Jack Hoist Stand Bikes
The ZENY Scissor motorcycle jack has reviews at 4.1. it can fit various types of motorcycles. It can be used with much ease. It is a multi-purpose jack which can be used in several environments. The maximum height is 17 inches with the minimum height being at 3.5 inches.
It is made from solid steel and has a black and red finish coating
- Has two variable screws adapters.
- The crank handle measures 12cm and is removable.
- It has a very simple crank operation.
- It has a textured rubber mat which increases stability preventing scratches and slippage.
- The jack is stable and very durable.
- The saddle turns freely for height adjustment.
- The rollers might be plastic instead of steel.
- The pivots, rollers and screws have to be oiled for easier use.
It is a quality, tight, strong and sturdy motorcycle jack.
STKUSA Motorcycle Lift Scissor Center Jack Lift Repair Stand
This motorcycle has a capacity of 500 Kgs, which is equivalent to 1100 lbs. its lifting range is 95 mm to 400 mm, without the two saddles and adapters. The reviews are at 4.2. It is a simple lift jack.
It is a simple crank operated jack.
- It has two screw adapters for a variable height adjustment.
- The base is wide with three inch wings on every side for stability.
- The jack is quite sturdy.
- It can be used with a lift table.
- An impact gun can be used to raise it.
- The sliding frame lifts are adjustable.
- Warranty on the product is not very clear.
- It is not ideal for big bikes.
It provides safer and better ways for lifting due to the adjustable pads. One can lift it at the frame rails or even under the engines. The side wings offer more stability allowing one to bolt the bike on a table for inclination.
OrionMotorTech Dilated Scissor Lift Jack
This is a thousand lbs. scissor jack with a flat bottom designed for motorcycles. It has a lift range of 3.75 inches to 13.4 inches with an easy operational sleeve made from steel. The client reviews are 4.5. The operative handle is free and the arms are extra thick.
The paint is anti-corrosive.
- It has a steel body which is very durable.
- Has a safe wide deck made from rubber.
- The rubber deck is extra thick.
- It has easy cleanup paint resistant to dirt, grease and oil.
- A bike can be lifted with an easy rotation of the metallic sleeve.
- The base is very stable.
- An impact wrench cannot be used.
- Improper use of the jack can lead to damage of the nut.
This is a strong and sturdy lift jack and the drain screw can be found under the motor. This can make oil changing quite a hassle. It can be used to lift when cleaning, adjusting the alignment of a wheel or for general reasons.
There are two main types of the motorcycle jacks. They include:
The hydraulic or floor jacks: the floor jack works using a hydraulic pump that aid in the raising of the bike from the ground. Such kinds of models are very common in any commercial set-up because they lift large bikes, choppers or ATVs. Typical hydraulic pumps lift almost 2000 pounds or more weight
The scissor or the screw jacks: the scissor jacks are quite affordable and very easy to use. They are the most common jacks among the bike owners. These pumps utilize compressed air for the lowering or lifting of a motorcycle. Scissor jacks have two diagonal metals joined together at the center with the use of hinges and screws. Operating the system require one to use a spanner for screw turning.
The hydraulic jack is expensive, sturdy and solid, very stable and additional attachments will be necessary for increased safety. The scissor jack is very budget-friendly, lightweight and compact, never very appropriate for the large bikes and has a self-locking mechanism on the application of an external force.
The choice of the jack type to purchase often narrows down to personal preference. When the budget is very tight, always go for a scissors motorcycle jack as they are budget-friendly. But, when owning a heavy bike, go for a hydraulic lift as it is very sturdy, holding very heavyweights. Hydraulic motorcycle jacks are ideal for industrial settings. When the jack will be used for lifting of large motorcycles, utility vehicles, ATVs and terrain vehicles ensure you get the hydraulic motorcycle lift jack.
Using a motorcycle lift jack
Assemble all the necessary parts: sometimes, the jacks do not come pre-assembled. A wrench will be essential when setting up the jack. A user manual will often indicate all the required tools and the appropriate size
Position the bike: when working on your bike, always ensure the surface is flat or steady. Identify the center of gravity of the bike, in most cases, and it will be near the engine. When the bike clearance is inadequate for the accommodation of the jack, wood blocks can be placed at the rear and front wheels. A lumbar can be added on the side stand for elevation and balancing at a height
Slide the stand-in: if the engine is the gravity center, the jack should be pushed in from an opposite side of the stand
Securing the motorcycle in place: when a jack has locking bars and tie-down straps, they should be used. The wheels should be locked before anything is tried. After setting up everything, the pedal will be lifted to raise the bike. Elevation should never be beyond the recommended height.
How is a motorbike jack maintained?
Regular oiling and lubrication of the moving parts, replacing specific jack components and cleaning are ways of maintaining the jack. The wheels should be oiled for free and easy rotation. The wheels should be replaced if worn out
The components of the lift should be lubricated. Hydraulic jacks will require special care and maintenance as the pistons are very significant in load balancing
Motorcycles are very useful especially if routine maintenance is performed. A jack is used for the servicing, repair and storing of almost any motorcycle make. Serving your bike will lead to high savings. Many people passionate of using motorcycle jacks appreciate its role in fast inspection of motorcycles. It is very important to at least own a motorcycle lift jack as emergency situations can arise when on the road. Owning a motorcycle lift jack will be important when you are changing fluids, replacing tires or carrying out very basic fixes on your motorcycle.
A motorcycle jack will be defined by the stability, strength and reliability when lifting a bike. Addition of random jacks into your cart and expect the best service is inappropriate. Several factors will be put into consideration before purchasing a motorcycle jack. Help can be sought from a professional when settling on the jack to purchase. The market is flooded with jacks, but the above are the best seven jacks in the market. many motorcycle jacks are universal and thus they fit a wide range of vehicles. Manufacturers often specify what jack will be compatible with a given type of vehicle. The manufacturers also indicate the capacity for every motorcycle jack.
The working principle for the two types of motorcycle jacks are very different. When force is applied to a hydraulic jack, it will be transferred from a small cylinder to a big cylinder due to the hydraulic fluid. This results in a tremendous weight used for lifting heavy loads. When the lift lowers, the hydraulic force will cease. The scissor hydraulic jack works after the screw is turned. Turning the screw brings together or apart the two frames when the load is being raised or lowered.