Natural disasters aren’t something we always think about. You aren’t always prepared for how bad weather could get, well, just like the Hurricane Irma hits lately. While you can’t predict or change the weather, you can prepare for whatever could happen whether it was the Tropical Storm or a series of Hurricane Katia, Hurricane Lee and even Hurricane Maria. Having an emergency kit ready and available can make all the difference when the weather gets bad. Below are ten items that everyone should have in their emergency kit to be prepared for whatever could happen.
- Fact Sheet – Mini Comparison Table of Top 10 Must Have Emergency Kits
- 10. S.O.L. Survive Outdoors Longer Origin Survival Tool
- 9. SE EB122OR Emergency Sleeping Bag with Drawstring Carrying Bag
- 8. RunningSnail Solar Crank NOAA Weather Radio For Emergency with 2000mAh Power BankFlashlight and Reading Lamp
- 7. Always Prepared First Aid Medical Kit in Red Fabric Bag with Reflective Strip
- 6. LE 600lm Rechargeable LED Camping Lantern Detachable Portable Flashlight Torch
- 5. iRonsnow Dynamo Emergency Solar Hand Crank Self Powered Radio Flashlight – More Better than less
- 4. Coleman Camper’s Utensil Set
- 3. Hasbro -Sorry- 2013 Edition Game
- 2. Solar Generator Portable Power 40000mAh 200Wh Rechargeable Battery Pack
- 1. HydroBlu Pressurized Jerry Can Water Box – for Survivor or Emergency Use
Fact Sheet – Mini Comparison Table of Top 10 Must Have Emergency Kits
10. S.O.L. Survive Outdoors Longer Origin Survival Tool
When disaster strikes, this handy little tool has a lot more in it than you would expect at first glance. It come with waterproof case and insides of this little handy box you will find many basic need items such as Fire starter kits, Braided nylon cord (up to 150 Pound tested), Stainless steel wire as well as an emergency sewing kits.
In addition, you would also get some extra fishing kits, fire lite sparker, a little handy compass and a useful locking blade knife.
9. SE EB122OR Emergency Sleeping Bag with Drawstring Carrying Bag
This is a very comfortable and easy to carry sleeping bag. When a weather disaster hits your home, you may not have easy access to your bed. Having a warm and dry place to sleep can make all the difference. This sleeping bag is also very easy to carry and transport. It won’t slow you down when moving from one place to the next.
8. RunningSnail Solar Crank NOAA Weather Radio For Emergency with 2000mAh Power BankFlashlight and Reading Lamp
When a storm hits, you will want to be informed about the weather at all times. You will need to know what’s happening and also what is going to happen. Your cell phone might not be an option. This solar crank radio is an easy way to ensure you will always be aware of what is going on.
7. Always Prepared First Aid Medical Kit in Red Fabric Bag with Reflective Strip
You never know what could happen during a severe storm. Injuries are always a possibility. Having a first aid kit handy is the most important item you could have in your emergency kit. This little red Fabric bag First Aid Medical Kits would has everything you would need to heal out, and well it does come with a reflective strip which is really important to help it found out during any mess-up by the storm or any disaster.
6. LE 600lm Rechargeable LED Camping Lantern Detachable Portable Flashlight Torch
Water could be a major issue for you when there is bad weather. If there is a large amount of rain or damage to water systems, having waterproof items will be very beneficial. This Rechargeable LED Lantern with Detachable Portable Flashlight will provide you with as much light as you could possibly need during a weather disaster.
5. iRonsnow Dynamo Emergency Solar Hand Crank Self Powered Radio Flashlight – More Better than less
Overall, this is a small and handy tool when you need to stay informed about the weather around you. Like the other weather radio listed above, this gadget will get you the information you need to stay safe during severe weather.
4. Coleman Camper’s Utensil Set
This tool includes items that you may not consider when packing your emergency kit: utensils to eat. This small and compact tool includes a knife, spoon, fork, and a bottle opener. Paired with some canned food, you will have just what you need to eat during a weather disaster.
3. Hasbro -Sorry- 2013 Edition Game
Entertainment might not be the first thing you think of when packing an emergency kit, but it could help your state of mind if you get stuck somewhere without electricity for a long period of time. Especially if you have children with you, you will want something to keep them occupied during this stressful time.
2. Solar Generator Portable Power 40000mAh 200Wh Rechargeable Battery Pack
When weather gets bad, electricity is almost always the first thing to go. You may be out of power for hours, days, or even weeks. Having a backup form of power is always a smart thing to pack in your emergency kit. This Solar Generator Portable Power by Insincer is a great tool to have with you.
1. HydroBlu Pressurized Jerry Can Water Box – for Survivor or Emergency Use
Food, shelter, and water are the three things you need to survive a storm. While you might be surrounded by water, you are not always able to drink it. It may be filled with chemicals, dirt, grim, and many other items you won’t want to drink. Having a filter system is an easy way to make drinking water quickly available to you.