In cold weather, you will require more than just mid-layers for insulation. The jacket you will require in cold weather ought to be warm. There are several jackets in the market at a very affordable price. Some of the best down jackets for women include,
- Top Best Women Down Jackets Reviews
- BUYER’S GUIDE
- Orolay Women’s Thickened Down Jacket
- Calvin Klein Women’s Plus-Size Packable Down Coat
- valuker Women’s Down Coat with Fur Hood with 90% Down Parka Puffer Jacket
- Columbia Women’s Mighty Lite Hooded Jacket
- Wantdo Women’s Hooded Packable Ultra Light Weight Short Down Jacket
- 5 Best Women Down Jackets In 2022
- Columbia Women’s Mighty Lite III Jacket
- ZSHOW Women’s Lightweight Packable Down Jacket Outwear Puffer Down Coats
- Orolay Women’s Down Jacket with Faux Fur Trim Hood
- Calvin Klein Women’s Chevron-Quilted Packable Down Coat
- Amazon Essentials Women’s Lightweight Water-Resistant Packable Hooded Down Jacket
- Final Verdict
- Best Seller and Editor’s Choice
Top Best Women Down Jackets Reviews
When living in a cold place or during winter, spring or autumn, a survival necessity is a down jacket. The down jackets are waterproof, wind and water-resistant and are ideal even when going for a run. The down jackets ensure your clothing remains dry even during the rainy season. When selecting the ideal down jacket, women should consider various factor. Some of the things to look into include; how waterproof the jacket is, comfort and the purpose of the jacket. Some of the factors to consider include:
- Features of the jacket: the features include vents, hoods, adjustments, pockets, and other special features which ensure one is comfortable, convenient and warmth
- Insulation type of the jacket: this is one of the key components on the jacket, determining the rate at which the jacket will handle wet conditions and retain warmth including how small it packs. This will include how active you will be when selecting insulation choice
- Compressibility and weight of the jacket. Get a jacket that is lightweight and very portable. Many down jackets are compact to fit tiny spaces and can be used when traveling
It is also very important to consider the shell and lining material. This will determine how breathable, durable and waterproof the jacket is. These are some of the factors to consider when getting a down jacket worth your money.
Orolay Women’s Thickened Down Jacket
This is a jacket made in the United States with reviews at 4.2. The jacket has a zipper closure. The jacket has unique crumples perfectly stitched. This jacket is waterproof, retains warmth with delicate stitches. It is an affordable, durable and high-quality down jacket which can be used daily.
The jacket has a smooth zip designed with a silk handle.
- The jacket has a hood made using extra soft lining for warmth.
- It has a side unzip design for free movement making someone comfortable.
- It has six pockets with practical and artistic features for storage.
- It is a warm and cute jacket.
- It is a down jacket woman style.
- The jacket fits perfectly.
- The stitches used are quite delicate.
- The zipper might jam.
The down jacket is made from high-density materials that are light and super soft. It ensures one is fashionable even during the cold winters. The down jacket is very comfortable to wear featuring improved details and fabrics. The sides can be unzipped which increase comfort when wearing the jacket.
Calvin Klein Women’s Plus-Size Packable Down Coat
The reviews for this down coat are at 4.4. It is made from a hundred percent nylon and it can be machine washed. Its packaging includes a bag. The jacket has a smocked back. The jacket is soft offering a perfect fit.
The jacket is very beautiful and cute.
- The side pockets can be zipped up.
- The coat has a hood and it features chevron quilting.
- The front side has a zip closure.
- It is a lightweight down jacket for women.
- This is a roomy jacket that can be worn even with bulky sweaters.
- This is a windproof warm jacket.
- The jacket isn’t waterproof.
- It’s not a very thick jacket, thus will rarely be used past autumn.
It is an ideal jacket that can be used when traveling. It is easily manageable thanks to its good design and the packaging bag. The zipper works quickly and easily making it almost weightless.
valuker Women’s Down Coat with Fur Hood with 90% Down Parka Puffer Jacket
It is a jacket with a hundred percent nylon shell, ninety percent down filling and ten percent feathers, the lining is made from nylon and polyester for insulation. The reviews from clients are at 4.0. The side pockets have a plush interior and a metallic button. The interior pocket is great for valuables such as keys and phones.
It is a hooded down jacket.
- The jacket is made of three pockets.
- It has elasticized cuffs for easy adjustment of comfort and warmth.
- The faux-fur trim is easily attachable and detachable.
- Faux-fur doesn’t shed.
- It is a wind and waterproof jacket which insulate even after it’s wet.
- The jacket is light and very warm.
- The jacket is not puffy.
- The fur might snap off and on.
The packaging for the faux-fur is separate which prevents damage. The jacket has a waist tightening design which provides a fitting shape. The comfort and warmth of the down jacket are adjustable. The lining, zippers, and snaps have no rips.
Columbia Women’s Mighty Lite Hooded Jacket
It is an ideal down jacket with reviews at 4.3. With its wind resistance and adjustable features, the jacket is warm and very comfortable. The center back has a length of thirty-four inches. The beautiful and unique geometric glittering and baffling seam details and the long silhouette lenders it to be a hooded feminine jacket. It has been made from polyester and elastane.
The center-front zipper is two-way and the jacket offers a perfect fit.
- The jacket has a sleek design.
- There are adjustable comfort cuffs and zippers.
- There is an Omni-heat reflective thermal lining for insulation.
- Made from breathable materials and has ergonomic thumbholes.
- The down jacket is quite durable.
- The jacket is cleaned with much ease.
- The jacket is water repellant and not waterproof.
- The hood does not stay on very well.
It is a jacket boasting high performance and ideal for hiking expenditures. It has been designed to accommodate mobility and driving in it is easy. The jacket is very lightweight and compact, taking up very minimal closet space. This is a jacket that fits perfectly based on the sizes, but one might have to get a size up basing on their hip size. The jacket can be worn on the cool damp days.
Wantdo Women’s Hooded Packable Ultra Light Weight Short Down Jacket
The women down jacket have a lining and a shell reviewed at 3.9. It is a durable jacket with a water-repellent finishing. The elastic cuffs on this jacket are comfortable and there is a hem seal for warmth. The jacket has been designed to offer protection from wind. The pockets on the jacket are secure ideal for storing valuables. The jacket can be worn when going for a walk while running or riding. The packaging includes a pouch.
The jacket has a zipper closure. This is an ultra-light down jacket for women.
- The jacket has a media port ideal for the earphone line.
- It has multiple pockets.
- It has an attached hood and a coating that is water repellant.
- It is a lightweight down jacket for women made from breathable materials.
- It is packed easily due to its highly compressible features.
- It is a cozy down jacket perfect when layering for the perfect clothing system.
- The sleeves might be too long.
- One might have to get a size higher to get a perfect fit for the bust region.
The jacket is quite comfortable basing on its construction. It is an excellent down jacket which offers unrelenting warmth. It has been padded for increased warmth. This jacket is ideal for tourists as it is a packable down jacket and saves a lot of suitcase space. It has been designed for activities such as traveling, climbing, hiking or as casual wear. With its lightweight, the weight-warmth ratio is impressive.
5 Best Women Down Jackets In 2022
Columbia Women’s Mighty Lite III Jacket
The down jacket is rated at 4.5. The jacket has been made from a hundred percent polyester and it can be machine washed. It can be worn daily and creates a unique fashion sense. It has a full zip collar design with a contoured torso seam for increased comfort and aesthetic women style down jacket. There is a hidden pocket on the inner side which is perfect just like the outer pockets. This jacket is water-resistant always keeping one very warm. It is the ideal high-quality, warm and lightweight down jacket.
The wrist cuffs have thumb holes.
- The jacket has the Omni-heat lining for insulation resulting in comfort and warmth.
- The comfort cuffs and zipper on this water-resistant jacket are adjustable.
- There are two zippered pockets plus one security pockets and ergonomic thumbholes.
- The jacket offers a versatile fit in cold weather.
- The jacket is quite durable.
- It has a stand-up collar.
- The jacket is waist length.
- This down jacket lacks a hood.
It is a perfect and comfortable jacket with amazing colors. It fits perfectly and the size is precise. The inner lining has been designed for heat insulation. It is a high-quality down jacket. It is a down jacket woman style, especially when paired with boots and jeans. It is light in weight and can be worn when temperatures are thirty to thirty-five F. it can also be layered with other clothing.
ZSHOW Women’s Lightweight Packable Down Jacket Outwear Puffer Down Coats
It is a down jacket with reviews at 3.7 made from hundred percent nylon on the shell and the lining. The insulation is made from hundred percent polyester and the coating is water repellant. It has a zipper closure and a stand collar which keeps the wind out ensuring one is very warm. The packaging includes a packable pouch making it a packable down jacket.
The down jacket has four pockets having zippers.
- It has a parallel quilted design coupled with a fine sewing art which prevents leakage.
- It has an earphone port.
- It is a packable down jacket.
- It is a skin-friendly jacket which is soft and very comfortable.
- It can be hand-washed, dry cleaned and hanged for drying.
- It is a super lightweight down jacket.
- The jacket isn’t hooded.
- It is not warm enough to be worn without layering in the extremely cold winters.
The jacket is skin-friendly and breathable jacket ideal for winter, autumn, and spring. It is a high-quality and durable jacket made from nylon fabric. It is ideal to be used as casual wear or when traveling. With its inner lining, the jacket is very warm and is ideal when relaxing, climbing, hiking or traveling during early winter, fall and spring. It can be layered with other winter clothing to ensure you feel warm faster whether skiing or going for long walks during the cold winters.
Orolay Women’s Down Jacket with Faux Fur Trim Hood
Orolay Women’s down jacket is reviewed at 4.2. The jacket has a zipper closure with a white duck filling. It has slim-fitting and waist tightening design which gives a woman a nice curvature. The hood is big designed with removable faux-fur trim. This keeps one warm and fashionable. It has a high-density against water splash and is made from windproof materials.
The faux-fur trim is removable having needle-like hairs, a rich eiderdown base plus the capability to keep one warm.
- It has an eiderdown garment which magnifies the S-shape curves.
- The separated two-way zipper closures are strong with smooth features.
- It has attractive side buttons.
- The jacket is very durable.
- Due to its great fit, the jacket is very comfortable.
- The big hood is nice and very warm.
- The jacket can at times have a strange puffy look under the waistline.
- The buttons are plastic.
The waist design raises a woman’s waistline this harmonizing body ratio while lengthening the body making a woman look taller and slimmer. It is a windproof jacket which keeps one warm. It allows room for layering especially for the people not used to cold weather. It is a jacket used to shape your body while keeping you warm.
Calvin Klein Women’s Chevron-Quilted Packable Down Coat
It is a cute jacket reviewed at 4.0. It is made from nylon and is machine washable. The jacket can be packed into a logoed drawstring. The jacket is very light but provides the necessary warmth without adding bulkiness. The full zip closure on the jacket is easy to use. The packing sack for this jacket is included in the packaging. For machine wash, the jacket should be cold washed and flat dried.
The jacket has long sleeves plus welt hand pockets and a long length design.
- It has a full zip front.
- The quilted coat has a standing collar.
- The sides have hand pockets.
- The jacket is light in weight and packable.
- The coat allow for layering.
- It is a comfortable and durable jacket.
- It doesn’t have an interior pocket.
- The side pockets lack zippers.
The jacket is effortlessly elegant yet stylish. It has been designed using high-quality materials that are durable and long-lasting. It ensures one remains warm and dry even when it is rainy. It can be layered with other clothing as it is a roomy jacket. Even with layering, the jacket offers a perfect fit. The coat will ensure you are comfortably warm and is an idea for flattering.
Amazon Essentials Women’s Lightweight Water-Resistant Packable Hooded Down Jacket
This down jacket is reviewed at 4.3. The lining and shell of the jacket are made from 100% nylon and a 90% duck filling and 10% feathers. It has been designed to make winter better and has been carefully designed for fine-tuning. The jacket is made from high-quality materials for a comfortable and perfect fit.
The jacket has a hood and is compressible.
- The jacket has zip pockets.
- The cuffs are elastic.
- The down jacket has contoured seams which allow for a more fitting shape.
- The jacket is neatly packed into a carrying bag using a drawstring closure.
- It is a quilted jacket resistant to water.
- The cuffs and the hood have an elasticized trim.
- It should be machine washed inside out.
- No drawstring on the hood.
The jacket is very warm and can be used while traveling. It is a very comfortable flattering jacket. The side pockets are deep and zippered which secures your valuables. It is a warm, comfortable and very stylish jacket made from high-quality materials.
Pocket features of Down Jackets
When a down jacket has many pockets, it will mean add storage which will also add bulk and weight. This will at times increase the cost of the down jacket. A rip-stick, snap or zip closure will offer secure storage for your valuables. The open pockets will, however, offer faster access. Some of the features for the pockets include:
Music pockets: they are found in the urban jackets having an inside port for the routing of headphone cords
Zipper protection: this a feature made for adding protection from the rain. Some of the exposed pockets found on down jackets will at times have flaps. Some of the jackets will be equipped by the water-resistant zips which eliminate the bulky flaps
Security pockets: they are often found in the traveling down jackets. They are inside the down jackets having hidden zip openings along the seams or under the flaps
The drop-in pockets: they are handy for the quick stashing of gloves or hats. The large open down jacket pockets are found inside a jacket or directly behind side pockets
The hip-belt compatibility: the pockets are found slightly higher that ensure you can access then while wearing the pack hip-belts
When looking for a very warm item, dress up for winter any time using down jackets. They are unique with features completely distinct from the ordinary jackets. The jackets are also known as the quilt jackets as they have puffy and cushioned sections. In the market, there is a wide range of women jackets for women designed carefully to fit every occasion. Depending on the budget you have set, get the ideal jacket to take care of your needs. Always get a high-quality puffer down jacket which will accomplish various tasks for you.
Before getting a jacket, always check on the stitching type in the jacket. Get the stronger kind of stitches as this will mean your jacket will be more durable. Purchasing a durable down jacket will entail getting something durable and worth the price. Various fabrics have been used in assembling a weatherproof down jacket. The material used on the outer shell will determine how water-repellant the item is and the inner lining will determine how warm the jacket is. Layering can be done even when wearing down jackets.
Best Seller and Editor’s Choice